Great for cold winter nights.
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced.
- 2 T butter
- 6 c vegetable broth
- 6 medium potatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 T olive oil
- 5 leeks, halved, cleaned and cross-cut thin
- 1 c white wine
- Sweat onions in butter.
- Place broth and potatoes in large pot on medium high heat.
- Add sweated onions to pot.
- Add olive oil and leeks to pan over medium heat, stirring.
- When leeks get soft and begin to stick to the pan, add half the wine. Once the wine evaporates, add the rest, and then keep stirring.
- Add the leeks to the pot.
- Once potatoes are fork soft, turn off the heat.
- Blend soup with immersion or traditional blender.